Building Scalable Java Microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
"¨Microservices"" describes a software design pattern in which an application is a collection of loosely coupled services. These services are fine-grained, and can be individually maintained and scaled. The microservices architecture is ideal for the public cloud, with its focus on elastic scaling with on-demand resources. In this course, you will learn how to build Java applications using Spring Boot and Spring Cloud on Google Cloud. You'll use Spring Cloud Config to manage your application's configuration. You'll send and receive messages with Pub/Sub and Spring Integration. You'll also use Cloud SQL as a managed relational database for your Java applications, and learn how to migrate to Cloud Spanner, which is Google Cloud's globally-distributed strongly consistent database service. You'll also learn about tracing and debugging your Spring applications with Google Cloud's operations suite. To succeed in this course, you should be familiar with the Java programming language and building Java applications with tools such as Maven or Gradle. You should also have general knowledge of Google Cloud."
When you complete this course, you can earn the badge displayed above! View all the badges you have earned by visiting your profile page. Boost your cloud career by showing the world the skills you have developed!
- Building microservices with Spring Boot consuming Google Cloud managed services.
- Managing configuration with Spring Cloud Config.
- Uploading files to Cloud Storage with Spring Resource.
- Sending and receiving messages with Pub/Sub and Spring Integration.
- Distributed tracing across services with Cloud Trace and Spring Cloud Sleuth.
- Creating data services using JPA, Cloud SQL and Spring Data.
- Migrating from JPA to globally distributed Cloud Spanner with Spring Data Spanner.
- Debugging and troubleshooting application with Cloud Debugger.
- Deploying application to App Engine or Google Kubernetes Engine.
What do I do when I finish this course?
After finishing this course, you can explore additional content in your learning path or browse the catalog.
What badges can I earn?
Upon finishing the required items in a course, you will earn a badge of completion. Badges can be viewed on your profile and shared with your social network.
Interested in taking this course with one of our authorized on-demand partners?
Prefer learning with an instructor?
View the public classroom schedule here.
Can I take this course for free?
When you enroll into most courses, you will be able to consume course materials like videos and documents for free. If a course consists of labs, you will need to purchase an individual subscription or credits to be able consume the labs. Labs can also be unlocked by any campaigns you participate in. All required activities in a course must be completed to be awarded the completion badge.