Optimizing Your Google Cloud Costs
Complete this activity and earn a badge! Boost your cloud career by showing the world the skills you’ve developed.
In this lab you will query a large dataset, update the BigQuery API quota, and then optimize your query to run within quota.
This lab shows you how to monitor a Google Compute Engine virtual machine (VM) instance with Cloud Monitoring.
This hands-on lab shows you how to create and deploy a Cloud Function using the Cloud Platform Command Line. Watch the short video Connect & Extend GCP Services with Google Cloud Functions.
In this lab you will schedule a Cloud Function to identify and clean up unused IP addresses.
In this lab you will schedule a Cloud Function to identify and clean up unused and orphaned persistent disks.
In this lab you will configure Cloud Monitoring to observe bucket object access and deploy a Cloud Function to migrate objects from a Regional bucket to a Nearline bucket.
In this lab, you create one VM in the premium network service tier (default) and one VM in the standard network service tier. Then you compare the latency and routes for each VM instance.
- Explain the operational prerequisites to achieve cloud cost optimization
- Differentiate between budgets and quota
- Set up budgets and alerts for actual and forecasted thresholds
- Set up cost controls with quota
- Analyze your committed use discounts
- Use advanced methods for cost control and optimization