Understanding Your Google Cloud Costs
When you complete this activity, you can earn the badge displayed above! View all the badges you have earned by visiting your profile page. Boost your cloud career by showing the world the skills you have developed!
In this first hands-on lab you will access the Google Cloud console and use these basic Google Cloud features: Projects, Resources, IAM Users, Roles, Permissions, and APIs.
In this lab, you familiarize yourself with Google Cloud Billing reports, which provides built-in cost reporting for Google Cloud within the Google Cloud Console. You view Billing reports from a live billing account, understand current and forecasted Google Cloud costs, and then analyze costs using report filters to identify cost drivers and trends
In this lab you will create datasets and tables, import data from billing reports, and conduct a variety of queries on the data using BigQuery.
In this lab, you will harness the power of Data Studio, where you will learn how to build billing graphs and charts so you can slice and dice your GCP bill the way you want.
Use Google Workspace Connected Sheets to harness the power of BigQuery. Connected Sheets lets you access and use data analytic functions to run queries and analyze data. You could create a Sheet to access and analyze your sales data, for example, then configure your Sheet to always reflect current data.
- Plan for effective cloud cost management by setting up your teams, tools, and applying financial governance best practices.
- Set up Google Cloud Billing account(s) and organize your resources for cost management.
- Use Billing reports to gain visibility into your current cost trends and forecasted costs.
- Export to and examine billing data with Google Sheets or BigQuery.
- Visualize billing data with Billing reports and build custom dashboards with Data Studio.