Applying Advanced LookML Concepts in Looker
In this quest, you will get hands-on experience applying advanced LookML concepts in Looker. You will learn how to use Liquid to customize and create dynamic dimensions and measures, create dynamic SQL derived tables and customized native derived tables, and use extends to modularize your LookML code.
When you complete this course, you can earn the badge displayed above! View all the badges you have earned by visiting your profile page. Boost your cloud career by showing the world the skills you have developed!
- Learn how to use Liquid to customize dimensions and measures
- Use Liquid parameters and templated filters to enhance user interactivity by creating dynamic dimensions and measures
- Understand how business users leverage dynamic SQL derived tables to answer complex questions
- Understand how business users leverage customized native derived tables to answer complex questions
- Use extends to modularize and easily reuse LookML code
Familiarity with LookML is necessary. We recommend completing the Understanding LookML in Looker quest before beginning.
What do I do when I finish this course?
After finishing this course, you can explore additional content in your learning path or browse the catalog.
What badges can I earn?
Upon finishing the required items in a course, you will earn a badge of completion. Badges can be viewed on your profile and shared with your social network.
Interested in taking this course with one of our authorized on-demand partners?
Prefer learning with an instructor?
View the public classroom schedule here.
Can I take this course for free?
When you enroll into most courses, you will be able to consume course materials like videos and documents for free. If a course consists of labs, you will need to purchase an individual subscription or credits to be able consume the labs. Labs can also be unlocked by any campaigns you participate in. All required activities in a course must be completed to be awarded the completion badge.